Artists' Choice Submission Information
Many of your fellow artists volunteer their time to put this show together. Please help them out by following directions... thanks!
- Each registered artist is eligible to submit one piece of work that has not been exhibited in this show in a prior year
- Maximum dimensions are 30 x 30 inches including the frame
- 2 dimensional work must be ready to hang
- Artists are responsible for dropping off work at The Somerville Museum during the scheduled drop off times
- At the end of the show, artists must pick up their work during the scheduled pick up times; we do not have storage space and cannot take responsibility for artwork that is not picked up
- Optionally, you may submit a one-page artist statement or biography to be included in the binder kept at the museum desk
Drop Off Instructions
- Download the submission form (pdf format). Print and complete the form including your signature. The forms will also be available at the drop off but it is preferred that artists complete the form beforehand. Cut off the bottom portion of the completed form and attach it securely to the back of your artwork.
- Please also write your name on the back of your artwork to ensure that it can still be identified should the label become separated from the piece.
- Prepare a one page, single-sided typed artist's statement / bio for inclusion in the exhibit binder.
- Bring your artwork, the completed submission form and your artist's statement / bio to the artwork drop off at the Somerville Museum, 1 Westwood Road.
- If you cannot make one of the drop off times listed below, please find someone else who can drop off the piece for you, making sure they bring the completed submission form and artist's statement / bio.
Drop Off Times
Thursday April 11, 2013: 6 - 8 pm and Saturday April 13, 2013: 10 am - 1 pm
calendar with dates
Pick Up Times
Saturday May 11, 2013: 10am - 1pm and Monday May 13, 2013: 6 - 8pm
You must pick up work promptly at the conclusion of the show. If you are unable to make one of these pick up times, please find a friend / representative to collect your work. If this is impossible, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Neither the Somerville Museum nor Somerville Open Studios accept responsibility for work that is not picked up by Monday May 13th, 2013.
Any interested buyers will be referred directly the artist, who is responsible for making all arrangements. The museum does not handle sales in any manner (other than providing access to the museum to facilitate a sale by the artist). 100 percent of proceeds go to the artist.
Please email email@example.com.
Neither Somerville Open Studios nor The Somerville Museum assume any liability for and work displayed at the Museum: artists exhibit at their own risk.