Beyond the Pattern
The SOS 2017 Fashion and Wearable Art Show
Thursday, May 4, 2017, 7:30 pm at the Armory, 191 Highland Ave.
Beyond the Pattern is a dynamic showcase of original designs made by local artists with live models on the runway. This is an exciting opportunity and are are looking for YOU to be a part of it!
- You must live in or have a studio in Somerville.
- All submissions must be original designs that you have created
- You must register with Somerville Open Studios by Saturday, February 11 . If you wish ONLY to participate in the fashion show, choose "Sustaining Membership" when registering.
- Send 3 .jpeg images and a description of your work/medium to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Your work must be textiles or wearable art such as clothing, non-jewelry accessories, masks, costumes/cosplay, performance or conceptual pieces. At this time, jewelry is not being considered because it is not visible on the runway.
If you are interested in participating in Beyond the Pattern, but are curious for more details or are even possibly interested in volunteering, we encourage you to attend our next informational meeting on Thursday, February 23, 7-9 pm at Mad Oyster Studios, 2 Bradley Street. You'll be able to meet with the show's team leads, JoAnne Coppolo, Joolie Cahill, and Annie Blazejack. We also encourage you to invite any friends or acquaintances you may know who would also be interested in participating. If you can't make the informational meeting, you can email this team directly at email@example.com.
(If you'd like to read about our last Beyond the Pattern show, held as part of SOS 2015, please visit this page.)