Membership Meeting Notes
Tuesday, October 15th, 2013
Membership Meeting: Advance Planning and Big Ideas
location: iYo Cafe, 234 Elm Street
minutes recorded by Emily Garfield
Part 1: Sign-in, introduce SOS timeline
Part 2: Advance Planning
- Suzanne: Continual sponsors/big sponsors is where to start. We do keep it to Somerville businesses but could branch out.
- Different facets of Somerville
- Meet the artists in your neighborhood (“who are the people in your neighborhood”)
- Rowan: we can get money to promote using Adwords, will look into it
- Rachel: there’s a billboard on Mass Ave that non-profits use for promotion
- Could we paint an unoccupied billboard?
- Planning to omit search by media
- Rachel: Could we make a login for site visitors who want to save their ideal routes
- Side concept of an SOS artist of the month calendar
- Somerville has no flat land; it made it hard to get around by pedicab
- Could look into Lyft
Part 3: Big Ideas
- Early bird discount on ads?
- Networking for house share for home studio artists
- "Best-dressed house” prize
- Have people show off their yard signs
- Buddy system for registration help (Clippy was also mentioned)