SOS 2019 Initiatives
This is a tentative list of "Lead" roles for SOS 2019, built on what has taken place in the past. These and other initiatives were discussed at the inaugural planning meeting on July 25. As task groups form we'll build on this at the next 2019 Organizational Meeting, Tuesday September 25, 6:30 to 8:30 pm at the Somerville Museum, One Westwood Road.
- Keeper of the timeline. In frequent touch with all Leads to make sure the event and other projects are on target.
- Oversee Sponsorship timeline
- Donations/trades (food, other resources)
- SOS ad placement in local business web/print
- Poster/postcard/map placement in local businesses and companies in Somerville and beyond
- Collaborating with "community space" to think about new group spaces that can take place in local businesses (ex. WorkBar.)
SOCIAL MEDIA AND WEB CONTENT
- Construct and implement a timeline of overall promotion on various social media platforms.
- Connect with the graphics Lead to ensure consistency (Facebook banners, etc.)
- Create and/or collect content (articles, interviews, artist tips, visitor tips) to be posted on a new "content" section of the SOS website. Strategically place articles into social media, which would then link readers back to the SOS web site.
Example: Create an article offering tips on navigating SOS weekend with children and place in local "parent" FB groups.
TRADITIONAL MEDIA AND PRESS
- Create and implement an overall media strategy and timeline.
- Generation and placement of articles and listings in newspapers and news sites to promote SOS weekend.
- Seek/create opportunities to use the press to feature SOS in other ways throughout the year such as artist profiles or artist solo shows, etc.
ARTIST-RELATIONS AND MEMBERSHIP
- Approve and reply to new member registrations
- Answer questions regarding membership
- Studio buildings, home studio and individual artist liaisons
- Work to diversify our SOS community of artists.
CITY/REGIONAL RELATIONS AND PERMITS
- Handle any necessary permits and communications with the City of Somerville.
- Consider other ways of partnering with the city to promote SOS.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR AND VOLUNTEER RELATIONS
- Build volunteer pool
- Match volunteers with team leads/tasks and be in regular contact with team leads
- Ensure that volunteers are communicated with in an efficient manner
- Ensure that volunteers are followed up with after helping out
- Research and implement option for easy online volunteer sign-up
- Coordinate Volunteer Show
GRAPHICS/LOGO/DESIGN: WEB, MAP, POSTER
Ensure consistency in all design/graphics:
- Printed materials
- Graphics offered to artists online
- Graphics used in social or traditional media
- Graphics displayed on the SOS web site
- Data input, proofing
- Work with Graphics/Logo/Design Lead.
- Map book pick up
Find volunteers to run shows:
- Fashion Show
- SOS First Look Show
- Kids Show
- Volunteer Show
- Other Themed Art Show (such as Donuts in 2017 and Nuts in 2018)
- Inside-Out Gallery Show [added at 7/25 meeting]